You’re overwhelmed, stressed or hurting.
You can’t find your way out of the rut that you’re in – or the rut you’re relationship or family is in.
You’ve tried to solve your problems, but nothing has worked.
You don’t even know how things got so bad.
You may even doubt that your life can get better.
Mark Tinley – Counselor
Restore hope and create the life you want.
Whether you’re suffering from depression, anxiety, a relationship difficulty, struggling with your child or with a career-related issue, I can help you get you or your family’s like back on track.
Compassionate, Practical and Skilled Therapists
I know what it ‘s like to feel like life is an uphill battle…to have difficult relationships or an unsatisfying work life.
As an experienced and skilled therapist, I also know how to help you overcome feelings of despair, powerlessness, and even hopelessness.
This may be difficult to believe right now…
However, if life is stressful or painful and you haven’t been successful at finding solutions to your problems, you have nothing to lose and potentially a lot to gain by seeing me for counseling.
With my guidance and support, you CAN have a more fulfilling and rewarding life.
When all else fails, counseling is often the one thing that can turn your life around. This has been true for my many of my clients and it can be true for you too.
YES, a better life is possible for anyone – including you!
How You Can Benefit Through Counseling
- Improve your mood – feel calmer, more at ease, and more joyful
- Experience more honest and loving relationships with your partner or your adolescent child
- Boost your self-esteem and self-confidence
- Improve career satisfaction and work performance
- Feel more optimistic about your life and your future
Counseling is not about changing who you are, it’s about understanding who you are and what your feelings mean, what you want and need, then making informed choices.
One of the most important aspects of working with a counselor is to know that they understand you, your world and what you want. If they don’t, counseling will be disconnected and unproductive.
What Happens in Counseling
- Talk openly without judgment or being told what you should do
- Gain more insight into the issues you’re struggling with
- Learn how these issues came to be
- Understand your feelings about the situation and what you need
- Appreciate how others see the situation and what their needs are (which may be different from yours)
- Gain new insight on the situation
- Find other actions and options you might take
- Understand the obstacles that keep you from getting what you want and overcoming them
- Understand how past experiences affect your current situation
- Provide you tools to help overcome difficult situations
- Establish an improved way of thinking and more helpful behaviors
The Frequently Asked Questions page might be helpful to answer questions you might have.
There isn’t a magic solution to your problems.
BUT, if you have a deep desire to make your life better and the willingness to do what it takes to improve it, I can help.
Are you ready to take that next step?
If so, call and we’ll have a chat where I’ll let you know how I can help.
I offer sessions in person in my office in Downtown Los Angeles or via phone or Skype.